Frequently asked questions
Choose a theme for your question
Creating a publication
- Where can I see an example?
You can see examples of different types of interactive publications (sales catalogues, annual reports, magazine) in the demo section of this site.
- What type of document can I transform into an interactive magazine?
You can transform any PDF file into an interactive version.
- Will the URL and Bookmarks in my PDF be exported in the interactive publication?
Absolutely, the PublishPaper® conversion platform exports the URLs and Bookmarks saved in your PDF.
- How long does it take to create an interactive publication?
With standard ADSL internet connection, you can create your interactive publication in only a few minutes!
- How should my original PDF file be formatted?
Standard format, A4, landscape, square… numerous types of formatting can be transformed into your interactive publication!
- Will the quality of the original PDF file diminish when transformed into an interactive version?
Not at all. From a high definition PDF file, PublishPaper® will do the necessary reduction to decrease file size and keep the highest quality for easy reading. In addition, the quality is never altered because the text stays…
- How do I create hyperlinks in a publication?
PublishPaper® allows you to easily create hyperlinks on your publication. It’s easy ; you draw them in and assign them the action of your choice.
- How long can I leave my interactive magazines on my website?
Upon retrieving your interactive publications on your computer or your server, you become completely autonomous. You can leave your publications online, take them off, and put them back on at your leisure.
- Can I insert multimedia supports into my publication?
PublishPaper® allows you to easily add videos, Flash animations as a Welcome page, images and audio files right into your publication! See an example.
- Can I see how many users have accessed my online magazine?
The PublishPaper® technology allows you to follow the traffic and visitor behavior in your interactive publication via your statistic tool. Each page turned is counted as a page viewed.
- Are web users required to pay to see my publications?
It is up to you. You can choose to offer free access to your interactive publication, or have the interactive publication available through paid access on your site.
- Is my interactive publication only available online?
No. You can also offer your publication through intranet, CD-Rom or USB key!
You can also offer a downloadable version of the interactive publication with the PublishPaper® Library.
- Is there a page limit to my publication?
You can create interactive publications up to 999 pages.
- Is there a limit to the number of interactive publications I can create?
One of the biggest advantages to PublishPaper® is that it allows you to create as many interactive magazines you want! So don't hesitate to multiply your supports!
- Can I modify a publication?
Of course! PublishPaper® was created to offer you maximum flexibility. You can update your documents in only a few minutes.
- Can I run a search on an interactive publication?
Yes, PublishPaper® automatically installs a search engine in all your publications!
- Is PublishPaper® compatible with Mac / PC?
Yes, PublishPaper® works equally on a PC or a Mac. Access to your interactive publications is possible through all classic web navigators (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- What do I need to install in order to use PublishPaper®?
PublishPaper® is an online application that does not require installation software for online consultation. Better yet, you can access PublishPaper® with any computer, anywhere!
- What plug-ins are required to read my interactive publication?
In our latest versions, the only plug-in required to read your interactive publication is Flash 9. It is good to know that more than 95% of computers are already equipped with Flash 9! We can provide interactive publications what require Flash 7 or Flash 8 upon request.
Assistance and updates
- Is PublishPaper® an evolving application?
We have a team of computer engineers dedicated to continuously offering you the latest in technological innovations. As an Adobe Solution Partner, Silver level, we are committed and able to offer you the best and most advanced product possible.
- What computer skills are necessary in order to use PublishPaper®?
PublishPaper® was developed for easy, quick, and intuitive use, allowing for complete autonomy. You create and publish your interactive magazines in total freedom.
- Is there training available when using PublishPaper®?
An extensive training guide is available. Our team can also provide a telephone training session. You will be up and running in just one hour thanks to easy to use PublishPaper® backend.
- What is the PublishPaper® Library?
The PublishPaper® Library is an AIR application which allows the internet user to download and manage interactive publications converted by the PublishPaper® conversion platform on a l computer. They can consult the interactive publications offline.
- Does the user have to download a software in order to use the PublishPaper® Library?
To browse and read the interactive publications on a computer, the user must download Air, an Adobe plug-in.
- What is the file format used by this application?
PublishPaper® Library manages the interactive publications with the extension .pxf (PublishPaper® eXchange File).
- Do I need to download an application to consult my publication on my tablet?
The PublishPaper version for tablets has been developed with Html5. You don't need to go through the Appstore or the Androïd Market. Just put your publication online and read it with your tablet browser.
- Can my publication be legible at the same time from a computer and a tablet?
You can generate a Flash & HTML5 version. Both versions will be kept in the same file. If you consult the publication from a computer, the Flash version will launch automatically; if you consult it from a tablet, Html5 version will launch automatically.
- If I choose to download the tablet version for my publication, will the interactive areas be maintained?
All enrichments of your publication (Url links, videos, contents) will be kept in the Html5 version for tablets.